Rusty Star

A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE IS WELCOME WITHOUT BEING INVITED

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Horsein' Around

Do you know what it is like to chase a 1200 pound animal on 5 acres. Well, despite being 1200 pounds they move quickly and can turn on a dime! Yes, our Paint horse, Red, go out of the fence.

I am in the garage, Adam is by the gate, 300yds. away. All I hear is SHAANNNOONNN!!! SO, I dart out of the garage and see that the horse is trotting about. Adam is saying Hurry Up!! I am trying to unlock the trailer to get the halter - in the process I hit myself in the TEETH with my keys! YOWSER!!! SO, grab the halter an "hoof" it down to the pasture! Good thing I have been working out!! Okay I am out of breath just typing this!! Adam is trying to catch the horse with a bungee cord (????)it was the only thing there! Any way the horse darted off - would'nt you if someone was trying to bungee cord your neck. SO, the horse stops at the first patch of green grass he finds. It also helped that I had a handful of horse cookies. Don't ask I will show you if you come visit!

We have since installed locking gate latches and placed a halter at that end of the property. Just in case something ever happened again.

Hope you enjoyed the story! Here is to a new beginning in blogging! If you enjoyed the story please leave a comment!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey shannon!
    i liked your story! it brings back many country girl memories... =) you'll have to ask iman about chasing cows upon his introduction to some country cousins.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your story, I just found ya...now get to posting!
    noelle

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shannon,
    I liked your story and I miss hearing them! I also haven't gotten any messages on my answering machine from you in way too long. You and Adam need to take a vacation to beautiful Arizona!

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shannon, it sounds like you need a new fence. First Betsy escaped, now Red! It's time to call Amanda to dig some more post holes!

    Glad to hear you're doing well in the country... now come see us!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for all the cool horse . You'll have to stop by www.horseoutlet.com sometime!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home