Rusty Star

A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE IS WELCOME WITHOUT BEING INVITED

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Just Mowin' the Lawn

Do you ever do things without thinking about it because you are thinking about something else? Well, I do. Like driving home while on the cell phone and then can't remember stopping at the light at the busiest intersection in town? Crazy! I know! Or maybe scary!?!?

Well, the other day I was mowin' the lawn and when I say mowin' the lawn I mean 5 acres mowin the lawn. So, you could say it takes a little while to mow. I started thinking about the last ten years of my life. A decade no less. WHOA! Time has flown by!

I realized that in those ten years I have done a few things: moved 4 times, had three jobs, bought about 8 different vehicles, bought 4 horses, got my bachelors degree, started my own photography business, OH and married the best man ever. Without him and the encouragement he gives me always I would'nt have accomplished many of these things!

I started thinking: If they made a movie about us it really would'nt be very exciting. No severe marital problems, no major illnesses, no deaths in the family, just happy where we are and enjoying life. I thought, they really don't make many movies like that. Where people do get married, stay in love, support each other through thick and thin and never give in!

I think it sounds like a wonderful movie.

Maybe because I am starring in it.:)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What your life lacks in dramatic tension, it more than makes up for in comic relief!

    Glad to see you up and blogging again!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Thanks Bets! I would say the comic relief is a key part of our good marriage!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger The Mac Fam said…

    SHannon, that is so awesome. I agree, there should be movies like that. I am sure you are thankful everyday for such a blessed life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home