Rusty Star

A PLACE WHERE EVERYONE IS WELCOME WITHOUT BEING INVITED

Friday, September 01, 2006

Standing Ajar

One of my favorite qoutes from Emily Dickinson: "The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience."

I am constantly looking for what's just around the bend. I love new experiences and surprises. Below are a few of my ecstatic experiences over the last....well, we won't discuss how long it's been...

*Flew to Cincinnati to see my family, go to a Reds game, and Kings Island (think
6 Flags)


*Additional duties to my job - I stay really busy but LOVE what I am doing.

*We bought more Texas Longhorns!! We now officially have a herd!! Yes, I looked it
up. A herd is five or more stock animals..

*We just bought the 10 acres next to our house. We now have 15 acres. Totally
awesome! We need room to grow due to the last item. See below.

*We're ADOPTING! Yes, from Guatemala. We are in the process now so not alot of
news yet...but I will definitely keep you all posted!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My soul has been ajar for a new post from you for so long that my spirit has escaped.

    Yah! A Shannon baby! Keep us posted.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Matt Barrett said…

    Wow - that's awesome about the baby. Pretty cool about the cattle too. And thanks for posting something finally!

    For 2 months I thought you were moving to Guatemala. Glad I have that cleared up now.
    Congratulations on the adoption.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Wow,that's great! I can't wait to hear more about the baby!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger metromom said…

    woohoo!!! she posted! (not that I have any room to talk at this point.)
    BUT, nevertheless, I'm SO thrilled for you, but just want you to know that you probably don't need an extra 10 acres for the kid...:0 they'll probably fit in a bassinet at first anyway.


    SO happy for you!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I KNEW IT!! Congratulations Shannon and Adam! This is so exciting. Please post as soon as you have news about the baby? I agree with Noelle, you probably won't need the extra acreage for the baby...unless she/he wants to be a barral racer! :) We miss and love you guys!

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger The Mac Fam said…

    Congratulations. Am looking forward to hearing/seeing the progress. Be blessed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home